Sometimes I just love my students (even my highs school ones). Yesterday we were having a going away party for me because I might get switched to a new high school schedule. We were listening to music and hanging out when they said they wanted to see pictures that were on my computer. I showed them this lovely picture of the view outside my dad's house in Oregon and they seemed very concerned. One kid finally spoke up and said, "Where are all the buildings? Didn't you ever get lonely without other people?" I just had to laugh. If only they had known that hidden behind all those luscious trees was a high school, an elementary school, neighborhood after neighborhood, offices, a major medical facility, busy streets and intersections, churches, and stores. And that's just from that angle. Oh my poor desert raised high school students that do not know the beauty of green and tree-induced privacy. They all also asked me one very important question that I can't seem to get Mark to understand, "Why would you ever move from there to here?" I just told them, "Go ask Mr. A." Love can make you do crazy things! :) Good thing he is so great and he makes it all worth it!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Where Are All The Buildings?
Sometimes I just love my students (even my highs school ones). Yesterday we were having a going away party for me because I might get switched to a new high school schedule. We were listening to music and hanging out when they said they wanted to see pictures that were on my computer. I showed them this lovely picture of the view outside my dad's house in Oregon and they seemed very concerned. One kid finally spoke up and said, "Where are all the buildings? Didn't you ever get lonely without other people?" I just had to laugh. If only they had known that hidden behind all those luscious trees was a high school, an elementary school, neighborhood after neighborhood, offices, a major medical facility, busy streets and intersections, churches, and stores. And that's just from that angle. Oh my poor desert raised high school students that do not know the beauty of green and tree-induced privacy. They all also asked me one very important question that I can't seem to get Mark to understand, "Why would you ever move from there to here?" I just told them, "Go ask Mr. A." Love can make you do crazy things! :) Good thing he is so great and he makes it all worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohhhh sad, your children can't be raised in the desert! Oregon is where it's at!!
Oh ok, I guess I could add your blog to my list it was just being weird, but I figured it out.
Post a Comment