Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rah Rah Shish Boom Bah!!

The last two Saturdays my cheerleaders (PS did you all know that I coach cheerleading?) Anyway, my cheerleaders participated in two parades with the school's marching band.  One week it was hot and an easy 1.3 mile walk.  The second one (only a week apart mind you) was FREEZING and windy and a long 1.4 miles.  I know distance wise it was only .1 of a mile difference, but we moved at a snail's pace and we were at the back of the parade and it was cold enough to snow and well it was just miserable.  It took us 3 hours to finish a relatively short parade!!!  MISERY!  Anyway, although the cheerleading program at Riverside Prep has gone through a few bumps and bruises (such as not purchasing uniforms) we are working through it and are getting better.  Here are a few pictures from the warm parade day.  I forgot to take pictures yesterday - I was too cold to think about it.  Aren't they just so cute.  I actually have 13 girls, but only 9 could come to the parade.  




Here are a couple videos of our stunt groups.  One group has been working together for a couple months and the other group only about one month.  These videos were taken about a month ago so we have improved greatly just within the last month, but still you can get the idea.  One girl is doing a twist up and one girl is just doing regular prep.  Enjoy.  (By the way, does anyone know how to rotate video clips? - I couldn't figure it out so you might have turn your head a bit to get the full effect). 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey way to go! They're totally awesome!

Christy said...

I love your cheer-coach commands, "1,2, down, up..." I never got to hear those in our years as roomies. I bet you're the best coach EVER!

Kristy said...

You guys looked great in the parade! That was a fun day!