Friday, June 26, 2009

Mom Visits

The day after school got out, my mom and Jim came to visit us.  Jim was only able to stay for a day, but my mom got to stay for almost a whole week.  It was so fun to have my mom here in my own house!  It was like having a built in girlfriend and mom all in one.  My mom definitely brought additional light and energy to our home.  We spent the days talking, laughing, shopping, cooking, sewing, eating, watching movies, reading, walking, it was great!  To be honest the house seems a lot quieter and even lonelier without her here.  I'm sure in a couple days I'll get back into the swing of things and everything will seem normal again.  But until then, I'll be honest, I miss my mommy.  

While my mom was here, aside from taking me maternity clothes shopping, she made me three new maternity skirts all just by looking at a skirt she owned and creating a pattern in her brain!  Now that's talent!  I love the skirts.  They are perfect for being pregnant in the summer. Light, stretchy, and flowy.  I'm even wearing one today.  Thanks mom!

Here she is creating a pattern out of her skirt and a brown paper bag.
The end result: 3 new maternity skirts!
At the airport.  I'm not looking so hot, but whatever.
It was so fun to have my mom here and to spend 5 days just hanging out doing mommy/daughter stuff.  I hope that I can be as good of a mom to my children as my mom is to me and my brothers and sisters.  She's the best!!  Love you mom! 



3 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Your mom is so cute - and you look SO MUCH alike!!

Becca said...

Oh I want MY mommy to come visit ME for that long! That's awesome that she made you the skirts!

Shayna and Rob said...

that's amazing! your mom is amazing. I can't believe she can just pop out skirts like that! what a talented woman! :) and how nice it must have been to see her! :)