Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rice Cereal

Today Tyler tried rice cereal for the first time. It was hilarious! I put him in the bumbo and proceeded to try and feed him with a spoon. Most the time he was just fascinated with the spoon and tried to grab at it and fling it all over me, him, and the table. Somehow I was able to shove some in his mouth occasionally, but most of it ended up on his chin and bib - and the look on his face was priceless. I thought for sure he hated it, but then we tried it with the bottle and he drank it all up. I think he was a little weirded out by the plastic taste from the spoon. For now we will just stick with the cereal in the bottle and try the spoon again in a little while. I can't believe my baby is getting so old!

Update: Apparently, you aren't supposed to put the rice cereal in a bottle by this age. Guess we will be using the spoon sooner than I thought.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Elaina- you are soo in trouble girly! You came to Gilbert and didn't come see me?! I just read some of your older posts :) We still lived in Mesa when you came to visit your friends. We moved the following weekend I think. Grrr.... It's okay, I still love you.

Becca said...

And Tyler looks sooo much like you. Cuteness!

Unknown said...

You are such a cute mom and what a daring little guy.