Earlier in August Clara and I flew to Oregon for a few days to attend my sister Katelyn's wedding. Mark couldn't come since school had just started and he had to work and I wasn't too keen on taking two children under 2 through an airport or on an airplane by myself, so Tyler and daddy got to have some good bonding time. We had a great time and Clara was awesome on the plane! Our trip, however, wasn't without it's little bumps. I drove myself to the airport and after being on the road for about 15 minutes came to a dead halt. Unfortunately there had been an accident about 30 miles down the road and I made it to the airport with minutes to spare. Since I sat in traffic for a while, by the time I got to the airport I had to go to the bathroom very badly. I quickly jumped out of the car to try and get all our things together. I made a mental list: Stroller out, Clara in the stroller, base out of the car, base in the suitcase, suitcase out of the car, walk to the terminal, find a bathroom, hope there's a stall big enough for stroller, go the the bathroom, check bag, security, etc etc. After completing about half my list I realized that my post baby bladder just wasn't going to make it. So here I was in the airport parking lot and I had to go to the bathroom now. I had to make a decision: risk it and possibly (no, most likely) pee my pants somewhere along the way or go here, now, in the parking lot? I chose the latter. I looked around, opened the car door, pulled Clara's stroller on the other side to make a little wall for myself, and well, started to pee. Wouldn't you know it, right then I heard voices. I prayed they wouldn't come near my car and tried to, uh, hurry things along. I quickly finished and stood up only to see two people standing at their car (which happened to be nose to nose with my car) staring at me in complete shock. I was semi blocked by the car door, but still! Humiliation can not even begin to describe how I felt at that moment. I ducked my head into the car and prayed they would just leave. After what felt like an eternity they got in their car and drove away. I finished getting everything ready and raced to the terminal cursing my luck. Fortunately, things after that ran quite smoothly and the rest of the weekend was great! The reception, sealing, and luncheon were gorgeous and very special! I'm so glad that I got to be there for it all!
 |
| The Bride and Groom. Welcome to the family Kyle! |
 |
| Clara the morning of the wedding happy as can be! |
 |
| Clara with the pretty bride, Aunt Katelyn |
 |
| I get to be a flower girl? Awesome! |
 |
| Aunt Heather and Clara |
 |
| Uncle Eli and Clara |
 |
| Aunt Melissa and Clara |
 |
| Sisters, sisters . . . . |
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAA!!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh - I am laughing my pants off. That is so horribly hilarious! I'm dying! Uh, could it have been better timing? I can only imagine their thoughts...
But on a more serious note, I feel your pain. I have a fairly weak post-baby bladder, too :)
love this post:) so glad you were there and came despite all of the difficulties! Love you
Post a Comment