This summer, Mark and I decided that Tyler would benefit from some kind of preschool/joy school kind of thing. Something that would put him in a situation with a new adult figure and with other children his age. I checked out some of the preschools around here and decided to go for the local community preschool. So in September, Tyler started preschool - 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. He is loving it! Parents are asked to volunteer 2 times a month and I've enjoyed going too. It's so fun to watch him learn and be in a classroom and be such a big boy. Ok fun and kind of sad too. Wasn't this kid just my baby?
First Day of Preschool. Clara really wanted to go too and still does! Every time we drop off Tyler she fights to stay and when we pick him up she plops right down next to him on the rug and walks up with his row to get a stamp! Luckily, the teacher humors her!
We've also continued our occasional preschool crafts at home. Clara began joining us at letter K so now we get 2 of each craft. Tyler is able to do his basically all by himself, aside from the cutting. It's so fun to see his rendition of the craft.
Confession: I left the woobies in Oregon. I know I'm a bad mom, but, really, it was an accident and at first no one seemed to notice/care. A month later, Tyler began to ask for his woobie again and since Tyler was asking, Clara started asking too. My mom was nice enough to ship them back and every day Tyler would ask, "Is my woobie here today?" Finally, we could say, "yes!" We all went to the mailbox, opened the special package, and rejoiced! The woobies had returned! I love this picture! Not only does it show Tyler's slightly unique use of the woobie for comfort, but also that Clara is Tyler's shadow!
And a cute little picture of my kids who really do love each other! This is not an anomaly! It happens often!
One of my old roommates from BYU created a great tradition for October conference. The night before conference they watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and that night while they sleep the Great Pumpkin brings them activities to do and treats to eat while watching conference. We decided to try this and it was a hit! One drawback - for days following conference Tyler kept asking what the Great Pumpkin would bring him tomorrow! Sorry kid, it was a one time thing.
Another tradition we started was to have an FHE the Monday before about King Benjamin and opening our tents toward the temple to hear the prophet. So for conference we set up our tent to face the TV so we could listen to the prophet. Another hit with the kids!
While we were in Oregon, my mom recorded a book for the kids and at the end there is a little musical super hero ditty. Tyler created little moves to go with it and Clara, as usual, followed suit.





1 comment:
Hahaha - love the woobie picture :) Also, how is it that you and Mark have such blonde children? It amazes me. And why don't you live near me?!! I miiissss you!
Sometimes I like to fantasize that we are neighbors. And then I imagine all the play dates and hanging out and laughing til we cry and eating apples and peanut butter and tuna and spinach and talking and listening to music and being dorks. Life would be awesome. I miss your guts.
Post a Comment