Saturday, March 8, 2014

Catch Up

Our new year started out a bit more chaotic than we planned. I began having left sided pain and went through several doctors appointments and tests before they finally figured out what was wrong last week. (A para ovarian cyst, incase anyone is wondering.) I didn't handle it well mentally at first, and had a pretty major anxiety/depression relapse. After tons of prayer and blessings from Mark and tons of time on the phone with my sister, mom, and dad, I decided to switch medications and change aspects of my life. I am doing better than ever right now! YAY! Anyway, it wasn't a great January, but February was fun and I'm looking forward to all we have coming up this spring and summer!

Ok so back to playing catch up. While other parts of the country have been having blizzards and ice storms, California has hardly even had a winter. It's been in the 70's almost consistently since the beginning of February. It's crazy! So we've been doing all sorts of fun spring things!

Like picnics at the park with friends and climbing on rocks 

 And going on a whale/dolphin watching cruise with Tyler's preschool class.
The whales were pretty boring, but the dolphins were awesome! There were tons of them and they played with and raced the boat, jumped out of the water, and played in the boat's wake. So much fun to watch!
 Soooo excited!
Getting ready to cast off.
 It was warm on shore, but not out at sea! Tyler with his best bud, Brooks. 

 Clara is a regular sailor. She loved it!
With our friends, the Clowards
 Later that month we met up with Aunt Heather and her boyfriend Ian at Downtown Disney. We ate at the Rain Forest Cafe and had tons of fun. Except, our table was right under the monkeys and every time they went off Tyler freaked out and every time the thunder/rain storm went off Clara freaked out and covered her head thinking she was going to get rained on! 
Waiting for our table and playing with the bug masks in the cafe store
 We also spent some time at the lego store. And yes, my kids were very overdressed. It was much warmer than I thought it would be. It was still early enough in the month that I actually thought winter would one day show up. I've given up on that now. 
 We pretty much have a picnic lunch outside every day. Yep, it's warm enough for a underwear picnic outside. Don't worry, I kept my underwear covered. 

 During one of our picnics I noticed that our baby peach trees were blossoming! Yes, blossoming in February. Like I said - no winter.
 And a random picture of Tyler and Clara showing off their new jammies.
 And Clara showing off her pretty church dress from grandma Lerman. Clara LOVES froofy princess dresses!

 If it's warm in February might as well play in the mud



 And put on mommy's mascara. Yeah, totally unrelated, but after the hair cutting fiasco and this mess I obviously need to start locking all my bathroom drawers.

Clara can count to 10
We took the kids to see Frozen in the theater and have officially joined the Frozen craze. We listen to the soundtrack daily and are counting down the days until the movie comes out on DVD. Tyler can sing every song word for word and if Clara could talk more she'd be right there with him.
Tyler wanted to put on Clara's jammies by himself and I thought it was so cute, so like any good mom, I recorded it.
We did have one rainstorm in February. I can't believe I actually post about rain, but since I can literally count on one hand the amount of times I've seen rain in the past year, it's a pretty exciting moment for us.

2 comments:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love all your updates. Your children are so big now, and you are such a beautiful mother. Your love and devotion are so obvious here. Thanks for letting me see into your life a bit. It's wonderful. I absolutely love the picture of you asleep with your babies. And I love you. So much.

Christy said...

Um, I want to go whale watching...