I finally did it! I made the drive to Utah by myself! I made the decision on a whim several weeks before and it stuck! Unfortunately, a few days before our scheduled departure Clara came down with a flu and it was a pretty nasty one. Luckily, the day before we left she was feeling much better so we set off. A couple hours into the drive, Tyler spiked a fever and came down with the same flu Clara had. It made our drive much more stressful, but Tyler was actually a champ! I can't imagine how miserable he felt and he had to stay buckled up in his carseat for hours! I spent a lot of the drive with one hand on the wheel and the other hand reaching backwards to massage his aching legs. So sad! It took a couple days, but after all the illnesses were over we had a great trip!
Our lunch stop in Baker, about an hour before Tyler's fever spiked.
Grandma Lerman also came for the first weekend we were there. She brought a bow and arrow toy for Tyler and cute matching outfits and swimsuits for the girls.
Clara all decked out in her swim suit, swim cap, and robe.
Matching cousins! SO CUTE! Those caps are something else!
Pictures with grams before she left. Tyler....so classic.
Random picture of Clara in her Easter dress from grandma and mouse ears from Melissa.
On the first night that everyone felt normal we went to the BYU Paleontology Museum. I spent 4 years at BYU and didn't even know it existed until that moment. It was small, but fun. The kids loved it! It was probably one of their favorite parts of the trip.
We came after the official closing time, but the doors were still unlocked. There were no docents there so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Made for some good pics!
Oddly enough Clara wouldn't get close to the long neck, but didn't have a problem with the T-rex. (and yes that is the official terminology.) Tyler was ready to climb up. I put a stop to that action, docents or no docents. So Uncle Kyle helped him touch the head.
Our next big activity was to rent a puppy. In Provo you can rent a puppy for as short as an hour. Its in conjunction with the humane society. We picked out a cute puppy named Jerry. Tyler and Clara were super excited.... that is until we walked to the park and they saw the playground. We were left to entertain Jerry by ourselves.
I finally got Clara to come over and play with Jerry. I couldn't ever get Tyler to leave the playground.
We can't visit Provo and not go bowling at the Wilk. It's quickly becoming tradition.
Tyler was all about doing everything by himself this time.
You may think this is a victory dance, but he's actually showing his muscles.
Clara wanted to do everything by herself, but the ball was just a bit too heavy.
They were super fascinated by the ball return. I had to tell them several times to get their hands and heads away from it!
Clara channeling Marilyn Monroe
The next order of business was the new aquarium. Sort of a bust. A lot of the exhibits were still under construction....LAME. But we did wait in a line that rivaled Disneyland to walk across this rope bridge that hung across the top story.
Ok so it was pretty cool
Our favorites: the penguins...
and the sharks!
Tyler stuffing his face with rice krispy treats.
Trip to the Provo Library. If our library was this amazing, we'd be there every day!
Cousins in their new Easter dresses. They are so adorable!
This is actually a rare moment of affection between these two. Madi liked Clara well enough, but Clara wasn't a fan of Madi. Nothing against Madi, Clara doesn't like any baby.
Yeah, this is more accurate.
Brother/Sister love!




























1 comment:
Love the update! Tyler and Clara were their classic selves. I can't wait to be with you all in July! xoxo
Post a Comment