Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Tyler turns 5!

My boy turned 5 in November! And here I am posting the pictures in March and he already looks older! 
Things I love about my Tyler:
-His smile. When he's truly happy, and not doing some lame fake-o smile, his smile is so infectious! He smiles with his whole face. It's a sight I love more than anything!
-His giggle makes my heart burst! He is naturally a really happy and fun loving kid. Sure, he has his moments, and his temper is nothing to reckon with, but overall he is happy. He finds so much joy in life. 
-His passion. Boy does this kid have passion. A good and bad thing. He's INTENSE in all his emotions. Happiness, anger, love, dislike, sadness, frustration, helpfulness, etc. It can be super frustrating at times dealing with it. But I try to remember that the mad intensity means he also loves with that kind of intensity. He shows love like no other kid I know. 
-His curiosity. "Mom, why does the sun make rainbows? How do we get electricity? How are clouds made?" And on and on. This kid is making me brush up on my science! He is so curious about everything and has a pretty good understanding of things once being told. 
-His memory. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. You can never just say something to Tyler. He will remember it for months to come. But it also means he remembers small moments that you might have forgotten.
-His affection. He is so affectionate and loves cuddling! I think I might die a little when he decides he's too big to cuddle me. Most recently his friend said, "You kiss your mom on the lips!!" Tyler didn't show an ounce of embarrassment about it! That's my boy!
-He wants to be called love names. He keeps telling me to call him other things besides Tyler. He associates nicknames with love. Today he asked me to call him funny face, because he's so funny. Hahaha! Ok whatever floats your boat.
-He loves transformers!! He's gone through every phase a boy can go through and most recently has settled on transformers. He makes one heck of a transformer sound! On the note of sounds, why is it boys are so naturally good at sounds? 
-His freckles. I love his freckles!
-His voice. He still has the slightest lisp and its to die for. I know it won't be when he's older, but right now I love it!
-He genuinely wants to be good (ok not all the time, but a lot of the time). Sometimes I wonder if he'll ever gain empathy and other times I'm astounded at his actions. A little while ago we had an FHE lesson on the "friendship ship" and now sometimes he'll give his sister something they both want with the claim "See mom, I remembered the friendship ship!" 
-Hearing him pray and take church and scripture lessons to heart. The other night I was in the living room and heard "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" come from his room. I love that he is learning who he can turn to when he's scared or needs help!
We love this kid!  



Fake-o smile!
Tyler loves color by number books and they are surprisingly hard to find! Leave it to my mom to find all these color by number books for his bday!
For the second year in a row Tyler requested cinnamon rolls for his bday. The kid knows what he wants!

And for his friend party - a cinnamon sugar pizza from Papa Johns. This kid and cinnamon/sugar - favorite dessert of all time!

I had originally planned not to have a friend party this year. I had planned on doing the every other year route. Apparently I didn't tell Mark my plan and one night at dinner Mark asked Tyler who he was inviting to his birthday party. Well....there goes that. So I made it easy. No decorations (Ok I bought a transformer table cloth and plates), no games, nothing fancy - just pizza, dessert, presents, and play. And wouldn't you know, I think they all enjoyed it more!
Harlee and Siena (He tells me he plans on marrying Siena. Well he also tells me he's going to marry Clara and me so I'm not sure how much weight his marriage plans hold at the moment, but at least she's not related to him!)
His "bro" Carsten
Best friends Jackson and Brooks
The whole gang!

No comments: