Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Robbed!

So, we have officially been welcomed into the neighborhood.  We were robbed.  We unfortunately left our garage door open for the night and awoke this morning to a few less belongings.  However, our less-than-intelligent thieves chose to steal a large pack of toilet paper and paper towel.  Seriously?  And it wasn't even Charmin, Quilted Brand - it was just the regular two-ply Kirkland stuff.  The paper towel was the high class Bounty, but still.   


Now, they did also steal Mark's golf clubs, but out of all the other items available to them I am still quite surprised.  Not that we have loads of cool stuff, but they did skip over a bike, a couple nice weight sets, two cars (that were unlocked) and whatever treasures those held, and some decent tools.  We even left the door leading to our house unlocked and they could have had whatever they found inside (although I'm sure Mark would have beat them up).  I do feel quite blessed that the thieves did not take advantage of their luck and we have learned a valuable lesson in closing and locking doors.  But let's be honest - with that tp and pt, those robbers may just get rich!

8 comments:

Heather and Paul said...

That is terrible!! I'm glad they didn't take anything more! We miss you!

Kristy said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that you were robbed! I think that your attitude about it is awesome. I can't imagine what would have happened if they noticed that the door was unlocked! I hope they really enjoy that TP!

Shannon said...

That sucks! You are lucky your cars didn't get stolen though- ours did last May and it was such a pain in the butt. Sadly, we got it back. Insurance money woulda been nice. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Jigga WHAT?! That's crazy! Obviously they were just good people who needed a little help. They weren't out to hurt anybody. You know, like Aladdin.

Ceri said...

You know if someone came into my house I think I would just pretend I was sleeping, but who knows. I am so sorry this happened, but I am glad that you are both okay! Maybe they just wanted to go to the golf course, but needed to make sure they had toilet paper and paper towels in case the bathroom on the course was all out. It could happen!

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you and Mark were safe! To celebrate go out and by some 2 ply!

Jenni said...

ok...I ment buy not by...hehehe, thank you and good day.

Taryn said...

Yikes Elaina!