Get ready for a huge onslaught of pictures. This Christmas we spent with Mark's family. All of his family came to Apple Valley. Then a couple days after Christmas we drove up to Oregon to spend a week with my family. So fun!
This is our Christmas tree with our presents! We made out like bandits!
We stuffed each other's stockings and even snuck out in the middle of the night (at separate times) to fill them.
I didn't take pictures of all the present opening, but here are a few. We opened our presents from each other across a period of 2 nights - hence the different clothes. I learned a very important lesson this year - put everything for Mark in a box - maybe 2 or 3 boxes - and stuff them with blankets. He will shake, feel, listen, and correctly guess every present if you do not. This particular present he guessed correctly and I had to lie and bet him 2 back massages that it wasn't what it actually was. (Did that make sense?) So when he finally opened it and saw that it was what he thought it was he was quite happy. I mean, come on, he just got 2 free back massages. Oh what I have to do to try to keep something a secret! Just so you know, its a back massaging set.
Nice new shoes.
My turn.
Frying pans.
Movies of the opening of presents.
On Christmas morning we went to Mark's parents, opened presents and had Christmas breakfast. In the afternoon Nolan and I tackled this gingerbread house which had some serious cracks. With the help of Cody (the construction management major in the family) we performed gingerbread surgery and got the house to stand!
Nolan working his magic on the roof. I tried one of the candies and it didn't taste so great.
Sheila opening her present from us.
My daddy opening his present from us. Rockin' book.
Drewski and Feather (their family nicknames)
Now back to real life. It was such a fun break! I am so thankful for families!!
4 comments:
Your hair is so long and pretty!
I was there too! I guess I'm not cool enough to get a picture. I see how it is.
That's right. You were too busy sleeping during the opening of the presents so you missed out. Sorry Charlie.
I still love you though :)
Post a Comment