Friday, February 13, 2009

My new hobby

This semester has brought a lot of changes: part time work, spare time, and boredom.  I don't think, in my entire life, I have ever worked part time if I wasn't going to school.  What is this thing we call spare time?  And never having had such a thing - how do you use it?  Fortunately, Mark bought me a sewing machine and a friend has been kind and patient enough to teach me how to use it.  Here is the beginning of my first project - a mini quilt.  Yes, I picked out the fabric, cut it, pinned it, and sewed it together.  Aren't you proud?  Those of you who are familiar with my artistic skills should be.  I'm not finished - this is only the front.  I still need to do the trimming and the back, but I actually quite enjoyed myself and felt very proud of my ever growing domesticity.  Stay tuned for the final product! 

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I am loving this quilt! It is beautiful!

Christy Gunnell said...

Okay I'm super proud!! Way to be! That's the next gift I want...a sewing machine :)