Friday, May 15, 2009

Catch up and an Announcement

So I've been a pretty lame blogger.  But I have good reasons.  Firstly, Mark took the camera to school to take pictures of something, who knows what.  So I haven't had a camera to take pictures with.  And secondly, my brain just isn't what it used to be.  

Now to play catch-up.  On April 29th, Mark and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary!  YAY!!  To celebrate we both chose our favorite fastfood - (Mark got Golden Chopsticks and I got Chipotle Yummy!).  Then we watched a community theater production of Beauty and the Beast.  My slightly vain and proud musical sense was slightly wary - I mean you never know what a community production will be like (and let's be honest, I haven't seen much musically come from the Victor Valley area).  Anyway, when the orchestra started playing the overture I cringed inwardly and got ready for a long night.  However, I was pleasantly surprised.  Though the orchestra was a far cry from talented, the performers were great!  They played their roles excellently and I loved it!  It was no broadway, but for a community show I was impressed.  Mark asked me if I thought I would have gotten the Belle part over the other girl and I had to admit... probably not.  She was good, not to mention she really looked the part.  I can't believe it's been 3 years, then at the same time, it's hard to remember a time when Mark wasn't part of my life.  He is such a wonderful husband and definitely my best friend.  I tell him everyday, "Mark, you're my favorite," and it's true!  We have so much fun together and he is so good at putting up with my quirks (not that he doesn't have any :) haha but that is for another post).  How did I get so lucky to get a guy so handsome, so funny, so hardworking, so loving, so righteous, so wonderful!!  I definitely made the right choice in marrying him.  I couldn't imagine my life or eternity without him.  Thank goodness I will be with him forever!  

Ok so on to why my brain is so scattered.  Though I believe most of you already know . . . Mark and I are expecting a baby!!!!  I am finally done with my first trimester so I can make the announcement official!  I am 13 weeks today and due November 20th.  So far the pregnancy has been pretty good.  I've had my share of morning sickness, tiredness, aches and pains, moodiness, well I've pretty much had a text book first trimester.  I have been lucky though that I never threw up and that the intense nausea only lasted about 3 weeks, though I am still trying to get rid of the last lingering bits of nausea that show up every evening.  UGH!  That is one part I can't wait to be done with.  We are so happy and so excited!!  I even created a blog just for this baby - the link is right there are the side of this blog.  Go have a look - its not private.
(That is obviously not my baby, but it should look about the same now)

Mark even got me some presents for Mother's Day...awww sweet Marky!  A nursery rhyme book with a corresponding CD, a box set of 3 kids songs CDs, and a booklight.  Then Mark and his dad set up a makeshift spa in their backyard - with massage table, soaking pool, and all.  It was sweet.  Not to mention I finally got a massage without having to give one back.  I think I am going to like this Mother's Day thing!

That is about it.  We are both still working and I am SOOOOO ready for summer.  5 weeks, I can do it!  Someday I will get my camera back and we can get to the regular, more colorful posts.    


9 comments:

Kerri Viehweg said...

That is so exciting!!!! Congrats. You guys are going to make great parents!

Jenny Bay said...

Elaina I'm so excited for you! Yay for being past the first trimester, and yay for never throwing up! That is awesome. I never did either. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! You finally updated! Good stuff!

Ashley said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Happy, happy, happy! :)

Becca said...

Congrats on the baby Elaina!!! And why am I the last person to know?!!I am so excited for you guys!

Shannon said...

Oh, yea, I'm so excited for you! I've been waiting for this big news! Congratulations!!!

Acker Family said...

YAY YAY YAY! Congrats-again! :) So excited for you!

Christy Gunnell said...

I was wondering when you were gonna announce this on your blog. Congrats again! I'm not gonna lie though, that picture of the baby is a bit creepy :) And seriously, we need to come visit you now that we're staying near by :)

Ceri said...

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:)