Friday, April 17, 2009

EASTER!

I love Easter!  So much good to celebrate and the weather gets warmer.  I would say our Easter began the Thursday before.  Our stake put on The Garden.  An allegorical cantata of the Atonement.  I was the choir director so I not only got to watch, I got to participate.  The music is beautiful and captures so well the feelings of depression  and loneliness that can burden us throughout our lives.  Eventually though the music changes and you can feel the burden lift as the characters come to accept Christ and take advantage of the wonderful gift of the Atonement.  What a great way to start off the Easter weekend and to remember the real reason for the holiday.  Saturday and Sunday were filled with egg hunts, good food, candy, great lessons in church, and family.

I am of course always forgetting to take pictures when it counts, but here are some pictures after the fact.  I wish I could have gotten some live shots and videos!  Maybe next year....

My dad and Sheila sent us this cute Easter flower basket.  I love fresh flowers and this was such a fun surprise!    
Mark and I had originally decided that we would not do presents and Easter baskets for each other, so I didn't.  But Mark, that sweet little stinker, broke the rule!  After church we were sitting on the couch and I noticed a note card in the pocket of his sweatshirt.  Being the curious, nosy wife I am I took it out and realized that it was the beginning of a scavenger hunt!!  (I really wish I would have remembered to get video or pictures of the actual hunt - it was so cute!).  However, this is all you get.  Here are a few of the cards that I found as I made my way through the house to find my Easter surprise.
Half way through the scavenger hunt I found one of my gifts - Hairspray the movie!  I had been asking Mark for it for a while - what a sweet husband!
And after a few more hiding places and a few more cards I found the grand finale . . .
Lilies!  My absolute favorite flower!  I have such a great husband!  What a good Easter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and Sheila sent you a basket?! I see how it is.

Christy said...

"Allegorical cantata?" You sound so musicamally educamated... I want to hear. I miss regular classical music exposure...