Warning: This post is rated PG!
Although I am not yet teaching kinder full time, I am still teaching them music. Yesterday was our music day and we were busy sitting on the carpet learning a new song for our upcoming concert. I was moving my eyes about the group, as any good teacher should, when something stopped me dead in my tracks. One of the students, not necessarily known for his cleanliness had a large booger on his lower lip. And this wasn't just any old booger - this was a massive, snotty, multi-colored, semi-soft, semi-hard ball of nose filth. I stared at him in disgusted disbelief as he proceeded to suck it into his mouth like a spaghetti noodle. All the while, staring right back at me as if to say, "Whatcha gonna do about it?" My stomach churned and I swallowed a gag forming in the back of my throat. The whole thing seemed to go in slow motion and all I could think of was, "Did this kid hug me? Has he ever hugged me? Note to self: do not EVER let this kid hug you!" I eventually ripped my eyes away from the horrific scene and continued class. Kindergarten here I come!
6 comments:
Ha ha ha! Yum! You're so good at writing! I could totally see that horrific scene playing out perfectly!
Love it. Fortunately, my third graders are a little more hygienic.
Oh that makes me want to throw up! Nice way to paint a nasty picture:) I love you!
oh that is disgusting......only you could paint such a picture. LOL i dont know whether to barf or laugh...
Really now... did you have to share?
I am subbing kinder in a few weeks - I will need the name so I can avoid the hug. That was gross!
Post a Comment