10. I had to drag a kid (literally drag on his bottom) down the hall because he didn't want to come to school and his mom just stood there making it a million times worse. (note to parents: as much as your heart tells you otherwise, it is best to just leave and let them cry it out. They'll stop the sooner you are gone - I PROMISE).
9. I have a girl that I decided is a dog in disguise. She has already chewed through stick glue, a pencil, scissors, her bus card, and a white board pen.
8. I had a boy tell me he had to go to the bathroom and then made a break for it the second he was out the door. A proctor finally caught him in the parking lot. (Where were you planning on running kid? We are surrounded by miles and miles of desert! - no seriously, its like Holes where our school is).
7. When I told a mom that her son didn't know his colors she told me that he was a "free thinker." Apparently colors are relative these days. Blue is not blue folks - it will now be referred to as "water." (that is seriously the example she gave me - that he, at one time, called blue, water. Who knows what his free thinking mind calls it now).
6. I have two boys that think if they close their eyes while I'm disciplining them I will disappear and they won't get in trouble. One will even put a pencil in front of his face as if that hides him.
5. I had one girl tell me she could hear my baby crying from inside my tummy. (Wow - you have really good ears!)
4. I have a boy that finishes every sentence with the statement, "I'm super star smart!" This same kid also insists on saying "Good underwater" instead of "Good morning." I don't know where that one came from.
3. I had a parent demand to know how her daughter scraped her knee at recess. Well, let me think...she fell??
2. All in one day I had boys sent home for: throwing sticks and rocks, biting office staff, punching, pushing, throwing food, and kicking the principal. And it wasn't just my kids. The principal actually declared August 12th, as stricken from the kindergarten calendar forever more (ok not really - next August 12th we'll still have kindergarten, but she did say it).
1. After looking for a student for 30 minutes, he was finally found butt naked in the bathroom. (I don't know - don't ask.)
There are so many more things that happen every day and I just don't remember them. Kindergarten may not be for the faint of heart, but its definitely humorous.
8 comments:
Wow, Elaina - you really have your work cut out for you! Hehe, this is hilarious!
I am laughing so hard right now I think I am going to pee my pants! Good stuff. I am glad you are having fun. I think I am going to teach Wyatt to be a free thinker. To heck with order and convention! TOO FUNNY!
Girl I soo love your posts now they are straight comedy and reminds me so much of when Cymmone was that age!!
I can only imagine your face and your patience get ready for mommyhood!!!
After all this did Mark make you Dinner and rub your feet and shoulders? If not tell him he needs to be a BETTER husband.
ira
I think you should write a book:)
Hahaha this is so great! I'm so glad we can commiserate with each other now!
PS. My word verification is "chingers." Seems racist.
FUNNY FUNNY! I taught middle school for a couple of months and my kids were never this cute. Troublesome, yes, but not cute. I guess 5-year olds are really the only ones who can get away with hanging out naked in the bathroom and not get suspended for it!
Let's hope Tyler doesn't learn any tricks from your kindergarteners!
So this is what happens to my pre-schooler during the few hours he's there. LOL I have SO much respect for teachers! Go get 'em, Tiger!
Post a Comment