Monday, July 5, 2010

Mexico!

A couple weeks ago, Tyler and I were scheduled to head out to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a girl trip extravaganza. All the girls from my mom's side of the family were invited - cousins, aunts, grandma, mom, and sisters. Tyler would be the lone man in a house full of women. Tyler gave me a little scare, when he came down with a double ear infection a mere 3 days before our scheduled departure, but thanks to some antibiotics, and a lot of prayer I'm sure, we made it safe and sound and healthy! Puerto Vallarta was beautiful and the villa was amazing and we had the best time! We had our own cook who made the most delicious Mexican food I have ever had and a wonderful maid who kept our towels nice and dry :) Tyler was adored by 11 doting women and I had so much fun being with my mom, sisters, aunts, cousins, and grandma. I could go into more detail, but I'm sure you'd rather see the proof!
View outside the Villa Karaway. We were right on the beach. You're jealous I know.
What we got to watch every night.
Tyler in his little boat.
Tyler enjoying our personal infinity pool from his boat.
"Mmmm, mommy this tastes good."
Tyler's first taste of cotton candy. He was an instant fan.
Tyler's first taste of a "virgin" pina colada. Well what was left of grandma's that is. Check out that tongue.
One night my sisters and I were getting ready for bed when we noticed dry wall all over the sink, counter, and tooth brushes. We investigated the walls, but could not find the source of the crumbs. We eventually gave up and went to bed. A little bit later, Melissa was in the bathroom and we heard a little squeal. "There's a crab in the light!" And there it was. A crab had somehow gotten into our light fixture and was trying desperately to claw its way out, which inevitably resulted in chunks of dry wall showering down on our sink. We heard him scraping as we fell asleep and in the morning he was gone. The next night, he made another appearance, but this time crawling up my mom's bed! He was promptly flung from the balcony onto the sand. And that is that. Here is our friend, the crab in our light fixture.
Tyler and mommy in the infinity pool.
Kisses for mommy
Chillin'
Tyler loved being in the pool!
Tyler in the sand.
Tyler in the ocean - he wasn't a huge fan.
Tyler and mommy on the beach, livin' it up!
Tyler, mommy, and aunt Melissa.
Trying out the ocean with mommy.
I like to call this my paparazzi shot. If I looked more like a model and/or was a celebrity, wouldn't this look like a shot of me and Tyler caught unawares at the beach?
Tyler with his doorag (aka napkin)
Tyler in his "chair" prison.
Videos of Mexico! Excuse the naked state of Tyler.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Whatev friend - you DO look like a model caught unawares at the beach. I'm sure that's the next cover of People magazine.