Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Red Bluff

I was born in a little town called Red Bluff. It's in Northern California. We lived there until I was 6 which is when we moved to Oregon, but still came down to visit very often as I grew up. We lived down the lane from my grandma and grandpa and on a beautiful orchard. I have many many wonderful memories of Red Bluff and grandma and grandpa Ross's house: picking fresh fruit, climbing trees, swinging on tire swings, playing in the mud, walking down the lane, watching the Disney channel when there was Disney west and Disney east, sleeping in the grandchildren's room, listening to my grandparents tell stories, running through the orchard, going "up high" on the cherry picker with grandpa, jumping on the trampoline, and on and on and on. And so, it was with bitter sweet emotion that Tyler and I flew up this past week to help her pack. Since my grandpa died, the house and orchard are just too much for my grandma to take care of alone so she is moving up to Oregon to be closer to her children. Tyler and I joined my mom, sisters, an aunt, and a couple cousins to help out, although, I'm not sure whether we were more of a help or a distraction. :) And this was the first time Katelyn got to see Tyler and I got to see Katelyn since she returned from her mission. We had so much fun being with family and reminiscing. It was probably the last time I will ever see that house and orchard, so we made sure to take lots of pictures.

My mom, grandma, Tyler and me in front of grandma's house. Good times in that house!

My mom, girls, and Tyler (sorry Heather, you missed out)

Tyler and his adoring posse: Aunt Melissa, mommy, and Aunt Katelyn

Stop kissing me!
Tyler having fun at great grandma's house
Cute boy

Aunt Melissa

Aunt Katelyn

Mommy

My Aunt La Gene with her grandson and my adorable second cousin (or whatever) Jaxon!
Tyler's happy/sad face on the way to the airport. Happy to see daddy again, sad to leave his grandma and aunties.

1 comment:

Katelyn Marie said...

That was so much fun!! Wish we could be back!! love you.