*He is babbling up a storm and says "dad" and "daddy" very clearly, although I'm not sure if he associates those words with his daddy. He calls just about everyone and everything daddy. He also says, "mumum" usually to me, but usually only when he wants something or is sad.
*I have decided that I should have named him "Bambam." His favorite thing to do is, well obviously, bam bam on things. His favorite toy is a wooden spoon and a tin pan. He bam bams on the couch, the book shelf, the wall, his crib, the dishwasher, my face, his legs, his highchair, the TV, the piano, books, the fireplace, you name it. And he bangs everything together. We are learning how to put blocks into a bucket and take them out, but most the time Tyler would rather pick two up and bang them together. I also gave him some measuring cups so he could practice nesting. Again, would much rather bang them together. We definitely have a percussionist on our hands.
*Tyler LOVES water. Juice, not so much.
*He is eating almost all big boy foods. He only has pureed food once a day.
*Tyler LOVES going outside and will literally and very visibly get giddy and excited when we walk toward the door.
*Tyler is getting very close to walking. He can stand all by himself and will usually clap for himself while he's standing. He has taken a one step, but that's it.
*Tyler has also learned how to turn the TV on and off and change the channels, using both the buttons on the TV and the remote control. His favorite time to do this is whenever daddy is watching something. hehe. He has also mastered the bubblewrap game on the ipod.
*Tyler gives big, open mouth kisses if you say, "kisses" and make a kissing noise. He also gives big hugs to almost anybody. He is a very affectionate boy.
*Tyler sways to almost any music including: all music on the ipod, his music toys, restaurant music, and hymns at church.
*Tyler has a bizarre fascination with TV show credit music, especially Chuck. That's the only time he will pay attention to the TV.
*Tyler can play catch, throw a ball in a bucket and make it about half the time (sure he's not very far away, but still). One of his favorite games is chase. He loves being chased and chasing. We crawl all over the house playing this game. He is an excellent hide and seeker both with toys and people.
*Tyler is a binky lover! He will now go on a mission to find his binky if I take it out and leave it somewhere. He is very smart. He remembers exactly where I left it and the second I put him down will take off for that room. He will pull pillows, blankets, and toys away to find his binky. Mark and I have tried all sorts of hiding places, but he always finds it. The only places that are safe are the places he can't reach.
*Tyler loves looking at books, but has a rather short attention span when it comes to being read to. We still try every night, but it doesn't last long. However, when he sits in front of his bookshelf and starts pulling out books and looking through them he can sit there for a long time.
*Tyler loves loves loves his woobie. When he picks it up he just cuddles it and hugs it. It's so cute! He drags it around everywhere and will not go to sleep without it.
There you have it. We love our little boy! I can't believe 1 is right around the corner! Yikes!
1 comment:
I love you Tyler!!! Maybe I will come for thanksgiving after all. Huge withdrawals.
Post a Comment