Saturday, January 8, 2011
Tyler's Newest Skills!
I just have to document this for memory sake. Tyler, although fairly nonverbal as of yet, is getting really good at understanding what we say. For example if we say, "Tyler, do you want a bottle?" He walks into the kitchen, up to the cupboard where his bottles are kept, and reaches as high as he can to try and reach the bottles. He does the same thing if we ask him if he's hungry, but he'll go to the pantry or his high chair. It's pretty cute. Or, if we say, "Tyler, where's your woobie (or binkie)?" He looks around until he finds it. And again, if we say, "Tyler, want to go outside?" He'll walk to the door. Sometimes he'll even get his coat. That is almost my favorite one. However, tonight I saw perhaps the cutest one so far. We read our scriptures, said our prayers (which he will now fold his arms during for at least 5 seconds. That's a long time in baby time), then said, "Tyler, night night?" And, get this, Tyler picked up his woobie, walked down the hall, into his bedroom, and up to his crib! WHAT? Mark and I were speechless. I claimed it was my good parenting skills, Mark claimed it was his, but obviously it was mine... haha just kidding. Whatever it was, it was awesome and I can only hope he continues to go to bed so well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tyler has a woobie?! That's what I called my blanket, too. Oh woobie. I guess Tyler and I would be pretty good friends.
Post a Comment