Tuesday, June 7, 2011

18 months!

Tyler turned 18 months almost a month ago, but better late than never. Here are the updates for Tyler, taken at his 18 month well baby check up.

Height: 33.6 in (75th percentile)
Weight: 25 lb 15 oz (50th percentile)
Head Circ: 19.6 in (90th percentile)
Height to weight: 50th percentile

My little boy is just growing up a storm! He is in 2T clothes now. *Sniff* He is officially a toddler. The rest of the appointment went well - including his shots. No more shots until he's 4!! WOOHOO!! The doctor said he was ahead of the curve developmentally and even, get this, speechwise. I never would have guessed that. But apparently the norm for 18 months is 7-10 words. Tyler has that down.

Some things Tyler can do at 18 months:
*Knows lots of body parts (head, hair, eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, teeth, belly button, arm, hand, fingers, bottom, leg, feet, toes). He'll point them out on himself and on someone else. He can even name a few of them.
*Knows lots of animal sounds (bear, horse, cow, dog, kitty, bird, chicken, sheep, and is currently working on frog, duck, and pig. He can say the sound, it just sounds kind of funny still).
*Knows the movements or most the movements to: If You're Happy and You Know It, The Wheels on the Bus, Popcorn Popping, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and I feel like there's another one that I can't remember right now.
*Can make monster, car, airplane, and train noises.
*He LOVES airplanes right now and will run to the window every time he hears one.
*Favorite movie is Tangled with a close second and third being Toy Story and Princess and the Frog.
*He is very affectionate and gives lots of kisses, hugs, and cuddles
*Says: mama, daddy, bapa (grandpa), bite, more, water, milk, up, off, down, outside, socks, shoes, moomoo (movie), teetee (tv), bath, ball, dog, nose, eyes, book, didee (binky), choochoo (train), moon, bike, snack, cookie, apple, hi, bye, baby, no, mine, thank you, poopoo, spoon, cereal, waffle, cheese, and some more I can't think of at the moment.
*He loves to play trains, cars, and stack blocks to crash.
*He still loves loves loves his binky and his woobie.
*His favorite time of day is when daddy comes home - not even slightly kidding. He pretty much leaps onto the couch, watches ecstatically as daddy pulls up, gets out of the car, and walks up the walk, all while saying over and over "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy!" Then runs as fast as he can to the door to greet daddy with a big ol' hug. It's pretty cute and I may or may not be a little jealous :) He has also taken to pointing to every picture of daddy in the house throughout the day asking "daddy?" I've finally gotten him to acknowledge that I'm in the pictures too :)
*He LOVES to be outside more than almost anything else. "Socks? Shoes? Side?" is pretty much what I hear all day long. He will bring you your shoes too if you are being too lazy or slow. He's really good at picking out matching shoes and even matches the correct shoes to the correct owner.
*He is getting tons better at listening to books. Rather than just wanting to turn the pages as fast as he can. He even has his favorite books that we read every day, sometimes multiple times a day. He will also "read" to himself and do all the motions and sound effects I do.
*He will lead the music during all the hymns at church. He will even open up a hymnal, place it on a music stand, and lead and sing to himself if he has access to those things. When he sits at the piano he opens the music plays for a few seconds, then stops, turns the page, and begins to play again, only to repeat the same thing a few seconds later. When any other music is on he will clap, dance, and spin to his hearts content. When you ask him to sing - he does - in this cute, high voice. He is a music lover!
*When I sing a song that happens to be in one of his books he will run to his room, go through his bookshelf, and bring me the right book. So smart.
*His favorite game to play is hide and seek and he has a go to spot that he always uses (behind the chair in his room). Aside from hide and seek he loves to play Ring Around the Rosie, any sort of tickling/wrestling game, and chase.
*He is good at following directions - when he wants.
*He loves bath time and when you say "bath?" he'll run to his room, get his towel and washcloth, and wait by the bathroom door.
*Tells me when he poops (usually afterward). I don't think potty training is on the immediate horizon.
*He knows where pretty much everything in the house is and will go there when he wants something or when you ask him to get something.
*He is getting quite good at running and does the funniest thing where he pumps with his left arm but leaves the right arm kind of hanging.
*He eats like a champ!
*He is getting quite adept with his spoon and fork.
*He has grown very independent and wants to do everything himself including change his diaper, much to my chagrin. Many problems are solved in our house by the words, "Tyler do it?" Putting on clothes, changing diapers, eating (he eats so much better when he is able to feed himself - especially when he gets to use his fork or spoon), getting out dishes and silverware, getting out food, getting food ready, cleaning, bathing, pretty much everything is done by Tyler with a little help from mommy or daddy.

There are so many, many things I could write. He does the funniest, cutest, sweetest, silliest things every day. I wish I could just have a video recorder on constantly. I love watching my baby grow and learn and I love that I get to be home with him through it all! He is the sweetest, happiest, most good natured little boy ever! We have our moments and I have occasionally lost my patience, but for the most part he is every mother's dream child. I absolutely adore him and I know Mark does too. One of my favorite things is to watch Mark with Tyler and see how much he loves him. We love love love our little boy more than ever!!

No comments: