Saturday, July 23, 2011

Clara's First Month

Can you believe it's already been 1 month!? I think all mothers say that - I know I said it with Tyler, but really - I can't believe it's already been a month! Clara has been just the sweetest little baby ever! Nursing has been a challenge at times as she has days where she becomes, what I have dubbed a chain nurser - making me feel more like a cow than ever, keeping me tied to the couch, and giving me mere winks of sleep at night. But luckily those days are outnumbered by the more normal nursing days. And, even with the chain nursing days, she is already much better than Tyler ever was. She is growing up a storm! Her 2 week stats were as follows:
Weight: 6 lbs 12 oz (which was 12 oz up from her weigh in the week before!)
Height: 20 in (an 1.25 inch growth from birth)
Her percentiles are about 10-25th, so on the smaller side, but hey - she's growing!
I'm pretty sure she is up at least another pound since her clothes are getting tighter and some aren't even fitting anymore.
Some fun things about Clara:
- Clara loves being outside and is really beginning to enjoy our daily walks.
- One thing I have learned about Clara is that as much as she loves cuddling and loves attention, she also needs occasional down time. Sometimes when she's fussy I'll cuddle and cuddle to help her calm down, only to put her in her swing and have her calm down immediately.
- She is beginning to enjoy floor play and will kick and flap her arms like crazy!
- She has an incredibly strong neck for a 1 month old and can hold her head up quite well.
- Clara likes being sung to and will stop crying to listen to singing (it helps tons in the car!)
- Clara is patient - especially with Tyler. She already puts up with a lot of holding, pushing, kissing, and occasional bumping.
- She is calm and rarely cries - fortunately for us all!
- She hasn't smiled yet, but has the cutest dimple on her left cheek when she makes certain faces. I can't wait to see her real smile!
- She has the sweetest little personality and has brought so much joy to our home! We love her!
And finally, pictures!





No comments: