Tuesday, November 8, 2011

October Adventures

 I was so excited to do more Halloweeny things this year since Tyler is old enough to kind of grasp the whole concept.  He learned the word "ghost" and would run around the house chasing us going "Ooooooooooh!"  We did lots of toddler crafts: foot print ghosts, handprint spiders, cotton ball ghosts, and these awesome paper plate jack-o-lanterns!  Tyler loves stickers and taking them on and off and on and off forever.  I discovered that glue spots helped make the jack-o-lantern shapes stickerish and Tyler had tons of fun!




Later we tried our hand at some sugar cookies! Tyler thought this was loads of fun too and decorated the entire batch of sugar cookies, minus the 4 Mark and I decorated.

Tyler decorating his cookie - he preferred a drizzle art method. 

Must take after his dad. 

Tyler being a nerd. Again, must take after his dad :)   

 Forget the spoon!  Just dump the whole bowl on the cookie!

We also went to the Apple Valley Pumpkin Patch with some friends.  Tyler learned a new word here too: "pumpkin" or "punkin."  He went running through the patch basically chanting the word.  He was very excited!  

 Tyler in a ginormous jack-o-lantern.


 Tyler and Siena in the same jack-o-lantern

Tyler had a grand ol' time finding pumpkins and putting them in the wheelbarrow.  He put so many in we had to start secretively taking some out.





 Tyler and Siena running through the pumpkin patch.  Can't you just hear Tyler chanting: "punkin, punkin, punkin!"  I sure can!


 Tyler and Daddy with our haul.

Tyler also got to ride a pony!  You may not think this is momentous, but it's HUGE!  Up until this moment Tyler would not touch an animal.  They're all fun and games in a cage, but if they ever came up to him, he'd usually flip out. Mark paid a whoppin' $7 for this circular ride, just because Tyler actually wanted to ride a horse - wanted to (gasp) touch an animal!  And doesn't he look so cute getting his cowboy on?



And, of course, later we carved our collected pumpkins and heard more "punkin" chants.  Tyler didn't want anything to do with digging the guts out, but he sure liked wielding the carving knife.




The final product.  Tyler and Tyler's jack-o-lantern.

Finally the long awaited night arrived: our ward Halloween Party/trunk-or-treat. Tyler played a lot of games with daddy while Clara and I manned the cake walk, but didn't quite understand the whole trick or treating deal. In fact, he only went to about 4 cars before he informed us he was "done!"  However, 
he did discover the joy of suckers!

Earlier in October I was searching for easy DIY Halloween costumes and came across this number:



Pretty cute if I do say so myself.  Tyler loves cars and this seemed quite fitting.  He's a road with little hot wheels velcroed on.  So clever.


My friend found this idea on etsy and I figured I could recreate it easily enough, and I did!  
Our cute little traffic light.  



All in all, October was lots of fun for this little family!  Well most of it.  During October the kids both had well baby check ups and shots, yuck. Since I didn't post their stats earlier, here they are:

Clara 4 months:
Weight: 12 lbs even
Height: 25.7 inches
She's still above average in height and below in weight.  

Tyler 2 years:
Weight: 26 lbs 10 oz
Height: 33.6 inches (now I think this is wrong as he was this exact height at his 18 month appt. and I know for a fact that he is taller.  I mean, hello, I buy his clothes!  He wasn't exactly the happiest, most submissive patient at the doctors.  They measured him laying down and he was kicking and arching his back the whole time so I think the measurement is off.)  

Anyway, Clara got tons of vaccines as usual for a 4 month old and Tyler got the flu shot.  Clara had absolutely no reaction. YAY!  But Tyler had a fever of 102 all night.  Boo!  I definitely wasn't expecting that. I will post more updates on both kids in a later post.


3 comments:

Christy said...

AHHHHHHH! I can't take it anymore!! Your children are so cute! They are so, ridiculously attractive. When I saw the first picture of Clara I think I shrieked and had instant warm-and-fuzzies all over. Her adorableness just attacked me. I really need to hold her. Really Elaina, really. Both of them. Are. Gorgeous. (side note, I hate it when people do that... the whole incomplete sentences, abuse of periods thing. But I had to do just this once so you know how serious I am.)

P.S. Good job on the costumes - you're well on your way to domestic goddess land. Maybe I'll get there... someday...

Christy said...

I had another thought as I've been ruminating over how cute your kids are. Basically, they look like cartoon characters. I don't mean Spongebob-cartoons, but Tangled or Disney cartoons. The unreal, impossible to believe level of perfection, gorgeous and darling cartoons. Time to own up to Disney. You've got their next princess and prince charming.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

Your kids really. Are. Adorable. Really. Truly. I. Am. Completely. Serious. I couldn't resist after reading Christy's comment :) but I really mean it. They are beautiful. And I really loved the costumes, so cute!! And the pumpkin plates. I love you!