Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tyler's 2nd Birthday/Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving my sisters, Melissa and Katelyn, and Katelyn's husband Kyle came to visit us. We had tons of fun and Tyler loved having so much attention (I should know since I was the one that dealt with his attention withdrawal after they left!)  We talked, played games, watched movies, made yummy food, ate yummy food, and celebrated Tyler's 2nd birthday!  Oh my sweet, yet sometimes naughty two year old.  How to describe Tyler in a mere few sentences?  I've loved watching his little personality emerge.  He is silly and funny and crazy and spunky.  He's sweet and sensitive and compassionate and loving.  He's independent and stubborn and opinionated.  He's smart and inquisitive and curious.  He loves puzzles, cars, trains, helicopters, planes, trucks, chalk, coloring, outside, running, chasing, racing, tickling, wrestling, Blue's Clues, Backyardigans, Disney movies, animals - especially jungle animals, Clara, mommy, and daddy, Siena, all Bapas and Moners, Ky, Cake, Moner/Lissa, apples, crackers, cookies, cheese, water, woobie, binky, the ipad/ipod, building towers and crashing them, and so so much more.  He's my sweet little boy who loves to cuddle and rub noses and give big hugs and kisses!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE him SO SO SO much! Happy 2nd Birthday Tyler!            


Tyler and Uncle Ky opening presents.  Tyler fell madly in love with Uncle Ky while he was here and kept saying "Ky far (car) home?" when he left.  It was pretty stinkin' cute!


Watch out American Idol, here comes Tyler.  He really enjoyed his echo microphone and had to be persuaded to open his next present.



 Tyler loves turning on and off the lights - to my chagrin at times (especially when I'm trying to make dinner or something that generally involves seeing).  So when I saw this book at Target I had to get it.  It has a light switch and light that you can turn on and off.  Brilliant!  See how much he's enjoying it!



Car and stickers - what more could a boy ask for?

Video #1: Tyler has started saying "Whoa!" to everything and kept saying it while he was opening his presents.  It was pretty funny/cute!

Video #2: We got Tyler a remote control firetruck for his birthday, but alas, Tyler was afraid of it. We couldn't get enough of his reactions so like the awesome parents we are, we kept randomly pushing the button to watch Tyler. And then, just to show how awesome we are - we recorded it.  Enjoy!

No comments: