Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas!

Tyler was sort of able to get Christmas this year.  After his birthday he knew that opening presents was a good thing and after showing him some videos he was at least able to recognize "Caus." I did try to show him a video of Baby Jesus, but all he could say was "Jes?" Unfortunately, that part of Christmas isn't as tangible as presents.  Maybe next year.  

Tyler and Santa.  No crying this year, yay! But I wouldn't say he was thrilled. 
Tyler loved decorating the tree. We opted for a smaller tree this year - perfect for Tyler. He kept saying "Coo!  Coo!" (cool) over and over again! I tried to get a video of it, but no go. He made me turn on the lights every morning and after a few time outs did great not touching the ornaments. And yes, my child never wears pants.

This was our first Christmas together - just us.  We're moving this weekend and so did not travel to Oregon and Mark's family is in Detroit visiting another son and family.  It was kind of sad, but also kind of fun! It was so fun seeing Tyler's reaction when he walked out in the morning (video at the end). He loved opening all his presents (a big thanks to grandmas and grandpas all around!) and the whole day he was super happy and hyped up (I'm sure the plethora of candy he ate had nothing to do with that . . . ) I tried my hand at Christmas dinner and didn't do too bad, except I misread the directions for the ham and we ended up having to fry it in the glaze to get it hot fast enough.  Eh well - you live you learn.  It tasted yummy all the same.
Tyler loves ramming his new fire truck into everything including my shins, Clara's bouncer and the cupboards.  Thanks Grandpa and Grandma W . . . I think. . . :)
Whoa! Candy in a sock!  I love this holiday!

Clara loves her new baby! She gets giddy every time she sees it. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa L!



One of the many winners of the day.  Good pick daddy!

Video disclaimer: Christmas morning we learned our video camera had bitten the dust so we had to use an ipod - not the best quality, but it will do.  

Tyler coming out in the morning.  I love his reaction!

Puzzles featuring two of his favorite characters: Elmo and The Wonder Pets.
Tyler playing t-ball - we have an allstar on our hands.

And a big thank you to all our grandmas and grandpas!

2 comments:

Katelyn Marie said...

That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Holy cow.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love it! Christmas is so so fun with littles. Your kids are so cute as always. Where are you moving? How do you like it?