Clara's turn!
My sweet baby is almost 9 months old! Holy Cow! She is getting the cutest little personality!
Some things about Clara:
*She can scoot faster than I can keep track of her!
*She is already a picky eater - oh dear - and will only eat: sweet potatoes, squash, green beans (sometimes), bananas, and oatmeal cereal with a teeny bit of applesauce. Her favorite snacks are the puffs. She must have a sensitive gag reflex because if I try to give her anything else she gags and sometimes throws up.
*She HATES medicine. She has never kept medicine down. As soon as its in her mouth she throws up. Good thing she's never had to be on an antibiotic as of yet.
*She has crazy hair that is generally sticking up and out all over the place - no matter what I do!



*As much as she hates most food - she doesn't seem to have a problem eating everything else in sight (plants, rocks, paper, crumbs, toys, and whatever else she can scavenge off the floor). I need to watch this one close!
*She is already a talker. She loves to babble and is stringing some syllables together now and I think its just adorable!
*She goes to sleep completely on her own, but is still waking up a couple times a night. We're working on that.
*She loves her brother and is very patient with his "rough love." In fact, sometimes she seems to like it. When he lays on her lap she thinks it great fun to pull his hair, pat his face and back, and steal his binky. I try not to think about how much they'll pick on each other when they're older.
*She loves to read (ahem...eat) books.
*She must have a taste for wood because when we're in the playroom with Tyler she goes straight for the wood blocks or train tracks.
*She really likes balls, blocks, and legos. If I put Tyler's box of legos in front of her she can be occupied for awhile.
*She LOVES her mommy most - for sure, hands down, no contest. (I know this may change later, so I'm soaking it up as long as I can)
*She can clap her blocks together and sometimes her hands.
*She loves anything that makes noise
*At night, part of her bedtime routine is a song while I rock her. I love it, she loves it. As soon as I start singing she flops her head down on my shoulder and cuddles up and instantly relaxes. It makes bedtime so much easier/better/wonderful!
*She responds really well to her name.
*She has beautiful blue eyes and I hope they stay blue!
*She has pretty much anyone wrapped around her finger within seconds
*She is super active and wiggly and changing her diaper is a nightmare!
*She is easy going until I'm not meeting her need fast enough and then she growl-screams. Right now it's pretty funny....not sure how much longer that will last.
*I love the way her face lights up whenever she sees me.
*She does this funny fake laugh when she thinks something is only sort of funny
*Tyler makes her laugh more than anyone else
*When she's on her tummy and wants picked up she lifts her legs and arms off the floor and wriggles like a worm - it's so funny!
*She still sucks her thumb
*She also sucks on her bottom lip and likes to make smacking noises.
*She is still small for her age - basically anyone who picks her up says "Oh she is so petite!"
*She also sucks on her bottom lip and likes to make smacking noises.
*She is still small for her age - basically anyone who picks her up says "Oh she is so petite!"
*She has one little tooth on the bottom.
*She is one of the happiest, smiliest (word?) babies ever!
I'm sure there are so many more things! She is such a happy, funny, loving baby girl. She loves her family more than anything already. I have loved watching her develop, learn, and discover! Sometimes I get all sad and nostalgic thinking about how fast she's growing up. So instead I try to just eat her up as much as I can now!
Videos:
#1: Clara talking - she is babbling so much more now, but she sure is cute in this video
#2: Clara playing with legos
#3: Clara scooting a while ago. She used to get tripped up on her arms - kind of funny :)

3 comments:
I want her - I want to have her. And I want to eat her! Pleeaase can I have her? She is just so darned edible and beautiful and scrumptious.
Loved your posts about Clara & Tyler. They are cuties--must be the family genes!
She is so adorable. I could look at her eyes all day. Seriously, all day!
Post a Comment