Thursday, April 26, 2012

This and That

I've done it again. I'm behind. *sigh* The good news is there isn't really much to catch up on. Let's see we've played, cleaned, ate, bathed, slept, etc. But have had a great time doing it all! How can you not have fun when you have these little people to be with all day? Well ok, there are times that aren't fun, but luckily most times are. 
Like this time. We were cleaning up Tyler's room and before I threw his empty diaper box in the recycling I had a genius idea - make it into a car! I know, no one has ever thought of that before...  But Tyler thought it was good fun to pick out the colors and help me tape it all on. He played with that thing for days, walking around the house, running into my legs, saying "beep beep!" 


Or this time. Why do babies look so cute in oversized hats and sunglasses? Too bad I didn't get a picture of the oversized sunglasses. My camera is just not fast enough.




 When you can't wear 'em, eat 'em. 

Or this time. Tyler loves making faces and taking pictures on photobooth. What did parent's do before computers? I guess they had to be creative or something.

Or all the times we spent playing in the playroom. Clara has changed so much in the past month! I should probably do a 10 month post to follow up the 9 month post. She's had a developmental explosion! She can crawl, pull to a stand, cruise, wave and say bye (sounds more like "buh"), says mama or mom, she eats almost all finger foods (she really doesn't like being fed anymore - she wants to do it herself. Already so independent, heaven help me), still wakes up 3 times a night (UGH), plays so nicely by herself, loves to explore all our cabinets, pull everything out of said cabinets, and is just the cutest little bug in the world!
 Enjoying her play table! Especially now that she can do it herself!


 Nothing's safe now!

Clara loves to play with her big beach ball. She gets VERY excited!

Tyler plays with us too! He went through a brief monster truck stage and had great times playing monster truck with his cars. We even learned a Mighty, Mighty Monster Truck song from the show "All About Monster Trucks." The end of this video may need some explaining. A long time ago Tyler and I began a random "I love you" bedtime routine. It's simple and kind of silly, but Tyler won't go to sleep without saying it and I look forward to it. Now if he helps me put Clara down for a nap or something he'll do it to her which is so stinkin' sweet and cute I kind of want to die. Anyway, I got it on video for memory sake, because unfortunately I highly doubt he'll want to do it with me when he's a teenager. 

One day I was doing the dishes while Clara explored the cabinets. I was singing a song about 10 octaves too high just for fun. What? You don't randomly sing songs as high as possible? Hmmm..weird. When all of a sudden I heard Clara singing along. I thought it was pretty cute so I busted out the camera and tried to get it on video. A little embarrassing for me, but cute for Clara. 

2 comments:

The Andreasens said...

Such Cuties!!! I wish we were going to see you guys soon! I have a feeling Ellie and Tyler would hit it off swimmingly:)

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

Your kids are so cute, and i think that Tyler's car you made is absolutely the coolest thing i've seen all week. You're pretty much amazing. I love you!!