Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Clara Turns 2

Can it be that my cute girl is already 2? I can't believe it! Some things about Clara on her 2nd birthday:
-Still can't really talk - only says about 20 words - most of which aren't very clear. We're expecting a reference to a speech therapist at her 2 year well baby check-up. But that doesn't mean she doesn't communicate. She can understand everything we say and follows directions very well. In fact, I was just telling Mark that although it will be exciting to hear her talk I will miss the little noises and hand motions she makes to communicate with us.
-Is still my little tomboy - loves to dress up like spiderman, makes awesome car and train noises, can outrun and climb boys years older than her. Takes falls and spills like a champ without any tears. Loves to sword fight and wrestle with Tyler. Yet, I have noticed a recent increase in girlishness. She plays princess dress-up as often, if not more than boy dress-up, likes to tote around a purse, and will twist and turn to show off a new dress, jewelry or hairdo. She even picks out dresses to wear most the time, that is when she's not picking out Tyler's Ninja Turtle shirt.
-Starting to really get into puzzles. She can do all the toddler puzzles we have at home.
-Loves to color and paint and draw. We keep a notebook and pencil on the counter for her so she can draw whenever her heart feels like it - which is often.
-Likes TV a bit too much
-A great eater - I hope she keeps it up
-Loves her mommy most! Although recently she has developed an attachment to her daddy! She likes to tease and when we ask who her favorite is, it's always the person who isn't asking. She loves to cuddle and hug and is super affectionate to her family - those outside her family not so much.
-Has the most contagious smile and laugh! I love love love to hear here laugh and see her scrunchy face smile!
-Is super stubborn!
-Gets along really well with Tyler . . . most the time! Tyler is already really protective of her when its not him picking on her or hurting her. I've watched him forgo playing with his friends to help Clara do something. It touches my little heart!
-Is the biggest joy to her mommy, daddy, and brother! We love her more than anything! 
   
Clara's birthday was a laid back affair, but fun all the same. 

She kept asking Tyler for help, to which he happily agreed.



Twisting around to show us her new dress up jewelry
Our Pretty Princess
Playing with her new color wonder markers (markers that only draw on special paper - best invention ever!)
Coy girl showing off her new princess shoes
I LOVE this face!
Tyler wanted to play too...
Happy Birthday Song!
A compilation of videos opening presents

No comments: