Saturday, July 11, 2015

San Diego Camping Trip

After my hospitalization and soul searching, I decided that this summer I was dedicating myself to my family and fun! First on the docket, a camping trip to San Diego with our friends. Memorial Day weekend, we packed up and set off for the best KOA in San Diego. When I think of KOAs I usually think of small sites, no privacy, and boredom. But, as usual, San Diego makes everything better. This KOA had a pool, play ground, arcade, bouncing pillows, bike paths, and activities. I basically saw my kids at meals and that's it. Thankfully our friends have some older kids so they watched over their younger siblings and my kids. Tyler loved the freedom and I loved that he could take off on his bike and spend the whole day doing things outside. Clara could pretty much follow most the time too. 

One day, we went into Old Town San Diego and visited the Mormon Battalion site. It was pretty cool! Definitely something you should do at least once. 
 At the end of the presentation, which was not boring at all (I'm being 100% serious here) they had some activities for the kids. Pumping water and washing clothes,



 brick baking,
 and panning for gold. 

 On our way back home Tyler told us he wanted to live in San Diego. Don't we all!

No comments: