Monday, May 31, 2010

The Adventures of Tyler (and Mommy and Daddy)

Mark has taken it upon himself to make us an outdoorsy family. I'll admit that initially I was skeptical, but I have actually quite enjoyed myself on our little adventures and I look forward to more! Tyler has loved it. He loves being outside in the bjorn, watching the world go by. Too bad he is the whitest of white babies, but nothing a little sunscreen and hat won't fix.
Our first adventure was a short, short hike down to a little picnic area by Silverwood Lake. We packed ourselves a little lunch drove up to the trail head and hiked down to the lake. It was probably an eighth of a mile - if even. Can you even call an eighth of a mile a hike? That's like walking to my mailbox. Anyway, it was perfect for Tyler's and my first time and we had so much fun as a family! I am converted to being outside!

Tyler and Mark by the lake.
Tyler and mommy by the picnic area.
Our second hike was a bit more strenuous. It was an actual real hike. Probably about a mile (well Mark says half of mile, but I say bologna it was a whole mile) and it was uphill! I'll be honest, I was out of breath, Mark laughed at me, but hey, endurance takes time! This hike was up to a little waterfall/backpacking area called Lytle Creek. It was pretty! And Mark says if you keep going you get to a big waterfall. Maybe when I am in better shape we can go to that one. Anyway, we made this a picnic too and found a cozy spot by the creek. Good times!
Mark and Tyler at the summit. It still looks deserty in this picture, but after the summit you hike down into a really pretty forest where you find the waterfall and creek.
Mark and Tyler at the little waterfall.

This weekend we went for real camping with our friends the Whitings and the Blinsmons. It was fun, but FREEZING at night. That's one thing about living here - its warm during the day and freezing cold at night. I didn't even know it was possible to jump that many degrees in a 24 hour period. Unfortunately, our camera battery was dead so we don't have any pictures. I just wanted to list it as our third adventure of the month! Here's to many more Andreasen adventures!




No comments: