The month of July was basically spent in Oregon. The kids and I were there for 3 whole weeks. Mark was only able to join us for the first week, but we had a blast! Oregon in the summer is my favorite! Perfect weather! Beautiful scenery! Lots and lots of family! We can't wait to go back! Tyler keeps asking "we go to grandma's house now?" or (while talking to my dad) "Papa, in 30 minutes we're coming to your house." One time after talking to my mom he was very insistent that we leave immediately for Oregon. I told him that it cost a lot of money to go to Oregon and he said, "That's ok. I have lots of green dollars." If only! Anyway, because we were there for so long I've divided our trip into 3 posts - the first being our time at Papa and Grandma Wettlaufer's house.
In the plane getting ready to take off. They were so excited! And aside from the last 30 minutes of the flight they were really good. Clara didn't care for the seat belts, but the flight attendants were really stickler about her being in her own seat so she screamed until they finally sat down and I put her on my lap. Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure if we got in a crash my arms would be about as useful as a loose seatbelt.
Our first Salem adventure was a visit to Enchanted Forest. A mini theme park tucked away into the trees. It was super fun! The kids - wait the adults - all had a great time! We went through every attraction and rode every ride, including a pretty intense roller coaster that Clara and Tyler were tall enough to ride although I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been holding on to Clara she would have gone flying! And a log ride that resembled Splash Mountain that Tyler was tall enough to go on. I think I had just as much fun as Tyler.
Tyler and Papa hanging out in the Hansel and Gretel witch mouth.
Waiting for Tyler and daddy to come out of the haunted house. Tyler wasn't a fan of that and made sure we knew everything was his favorite except the scary house!
Can you see Tyler's and Clara's faces? This was a maze built into a rock.
Aside from a few bigger roller coasters, there were a couple kiddie rides, including these bumper boats
and this mini ferris wheel.
The next day we hiked up to Silver Creek Falls. The hike goes behind the falls at one point and Tyler and Clara had fun going into the "cave" behind the falls.
Behind the falls with Papa
And Unken (uncle) Jared
selfie
All done with the hike and ready for our picnic lunch!
Back at papa's house Clara tried on a superman costume - that girl and costumes!
And we finally got to meet my sister's baby Madi! It was love at first sight for Tyler. He couldn't get enough of her. I had to fight him for a turn to hold her!
My brothers were throwing goldfish crackers in the air and catching them in their mouths and Tyler wanted to try, so Uncle Andrew tried throwing them into Tyler's mouth and I caught the one time he made it!
Tyler and Clara on the bumper boats
Going down a slippery slide at Enchanted Forest









No comments:
Post a Comment