Saturday, August 31, 2013

Oregon Trip Part 2 (Papa and Grandma Lerman's House)

The second part of our trip was spent at Papa and Grandma Lerman's house. 

For Clara's birthday my mom got her a real ballerina costume from a real ballet boutique. Clara was in love at first sight! Knowing her affinity for dress up I should have known she'd love it, but I had no idea she'd be so in love she wouldn't take it off for DAYS! (well at least the tutu).

The first thing she would do when she woke up was bring me the tutu to go over her pjs. It actually matched pretty well.
And of course she had to wear it wherever we went, like the park.

Before we left for Oregon, Mark said all he wanted to do was hike the Silver Creek Falls trail and then find a different falls closer to Portland. So, after getting to my mom's house we googled water fall hikes near Portland and found this gem - Elowah Falls. 
It was gorgeous! And pretty big! See that tiny white speck by the falls? Yep, that's Mark.
Clara and I make selfies look good! The closer you got to the falls the windier it got and even this far away we were getting sprayed like crazy!
Playing in the creek with the falls in the background and some pretty awesome sun rays.

Even though I grew up here, when I come back to visit I can't get over how green everything is! SOOOOO PRETTY! 
Tyler and Clara's preferred mode of travel
While in Portland we had to go visit my cousin's new pizza restaurant. BEST PIZZA EVER! And the home of the "Largest Bear in the World." I believe the goal is to have the whole thing covered in ivy. 
And of course spent some time at my grandma's house. Here's Clara in the same rocking chair I played in when I was her size.

The four generation shot
Great grandma with great grandkids
Grandma with grandkids
Another fun activity while in Portland was picking berries at Suavie Island Farms. I sure wish we lived close enough to farms to do stuff like this! I was in heaven. The kids were in heaven! 


Um, why don't we live here again? 
Clara's happy berry face





Doing our part to spread weeds through out the farm.
Playing in grandma's makeup

Unfortunately, while in Portland we had a little mishap and Clara cut her finger pretty bad. I was afraid for a while she'd need stitches, but thankfully it stopped bleeding eventually. 
Poor Clara!
Our last Portland was adventure was a trip to the zoo via The Max (aka the train). I'm not sure if Tyler was more excited for the zoo or the ride to the zoo.
Waiting for the train with Aunt Melissa



Clara and grandma met us at the zoo. That cute dress was made by grandma and guess what's underneath?? You got it. The tutu.  


Up close and personal with the cheetah

Taking a break to eat an Elephant Ear and watch the Bird Show
I photobombed Clara's cute photo while stuffing my face! I obviously really like elephant ears

Giraffes


While in Portland, Clara figured out how to jump and wouldn't stop jumping! 
Tyler helped grandma make noodles. 

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Love all the videos!!! I miss my kiddos!

Christy said...

Clara is such a doll - so, so beautiful.