The last week of our Oregon trip was spent in Lincoln City, on the Oregon Coast for the Wettlaufer Family Reunion. We've had almost all our family reunions there since I can remember, with a few exceptions. So all the things my kids did, I did as a kid too.
Including this park/lake, Devils Lake:
It may be a teeny tiny bit inland from the coast, but it was still freezing! I can't believe my kids were actually swimming, although, I guess I always swam when I was a kid too!
Uncles are the best!
The kids even had a very belated egg hunt - but who'd turn down candy in eggs?
Tyler got to go on the boat with Uncle Jared
You can't go to Lincoln city and not eat pizza at Humble Pie Pizza where you can write on the walls! Pizza's not too shabby either.
And of course you must play on the beach, no matter how cold!
Cold or not - splashing in the water is mandatory
Our house was right on the beach and minutes away from tide pools
After our walk to the tide pools, Tyler found a seaweed whip and commenced spanking everyone with it!
My grandma at the family talent show
We tried to find different tide pools, but unfortunately came when the tide was too far out! There wasn't enough water in the tide pools for the sea life to come alive so we just played on the rocks and in the water instead.
We did find this lovely crab that we stuck on Clara's head. (It's not alive - disgustingly enough, a sea creature had sucked out the meat/guts and left it fully intact)
On the way back to the ocean house Tyler kept saying, "We in the jungle!!" I guess to a desert dweller this really does look like the jungle!
Tyler thrived on all the attention while in Oregon, but especially at the family reunion! He had tons of people there to perform in front of and he took advantage of it daily. He would get on the coffee table and perform his rendition of the "uh oh song" (aka What Makes you Beautiful) while turning and pointing and hamming it up! This video is of him singing the song at the talent show. Unfortunately, he doesn't get as into it as he did while on the coffee table!























2 comments:
"We in the jungle!" - that is hilarious. But I totally get it now, because whenever I go to Utah I think, "We in the desert!" You were right.
Haha I'm so happy that video got on your blog! I wish it was the whole song!
Post a Comment