January and February were slow months... well slow for pictures anyway. After waiting the requisite three months after my last miscarriage and having all tests come back normal, I was ready to try again. I felt pretty confident that I would get pregnant the first try, as I had the last two times. But January was a no go. I was a bit surprised, but figured I couldn't be that lucky (or unlucky, seeing that I was going for my third pregnancy with no baby to show for it!) I was gearing up for February when I started getting some significant pain in my left side. At first I thought it was just gas or an upset stomach, but over the course of 24 hours the pain became unbearable and for the first time EVER in the history of Mark, he suggested we go to the ER. When Mark says he thinks you should go to the ER, you go. So away we went. After several hours, and several tests, and several misdiagnosis, and another trip in an ambulance down to a bigger hospital (on which was one of the same paramedics from my last ambulance trip. And she recognized me! Embarrassing!) I was diagnosed with salpingitis (a fallopian tub infection normally associated with STDs - not mine obviously), a tubo-ovarian abscess, and sepsis. This was no joke. Another day or so and I would have been in critical condition in the ICU fighting for my life. Thank goodness I didn't wait! As it was, it was pretty serious and I was admitted into the hospital and hopped up on morphine, fluids and 3 different antibiotics for 4 days. I have never been so sick or miserable. After being released 4 days later I was still basically couch ridden for another 2 weeks. I still have chronic left sided pelvic pain during hormonal times of the month (aka ovulation and period) but beside that I am all better. A bit traumatized and wary, but better. Pregnancy is now on the back burner. I am just not ready anymore. Too much has happened, too many close calls. The last two years have been rough. My luck in the reproductive department these days has been ridiculous. For the past two years every time I've tried to get pregnant or been pregnant (that's 6 times in all) something bad has happened. From a random panic disorder and subsequent relapses to two miscarriages to a hospitalization and my family is suffering the side effects. I have watched videos of my kids before all these things happened and we all seemed more carefree and easier going. I have felt that I need to focus on the family I do have and let our third child come later, when I feel healed physically and emotionally. So for now we are playing and camping and hiking and swimming and having fun! Anyway, for obvious reasons little happened in February beside TV watching and quiet playing.
Tyler cheered me up one day putting on these goggles and looking hilariously adorkable! haha!
When I got back on my feet, I took on a painting project. I painted all my kitchen cupboards white and added teal accents to my kitchen and family room! Here we are, ready to start sanding! It was hard work, but I love the outcome! Go me!


No comments:
Post a Comment