Sunday, October 5, 2008

Could it be??

After months of extreme heat, could it be that we are FINALLY starting to cool down??  According to weather.com, YES!  As of Friday, it was still up in the mid to upper 90's.  Cooler than normal, yes, but definitely not fall weather!  Sometimes I miss that whole crisp air, colorful leaves, sweater thing that happens to most areas around this time of year.  Unfortunately the few trees we have here look suspiciously like cacti, so there will be little color changing, but I still love that fall feeling.  The autumn smell that is so subtle yet so thrilling to the senses, holidays, decorations, good food, vacations, the excuse to not shave because you can wear pants and long sleeves without sweating to death - ahh I can't wait.  Maybe it will even rain this year!  We will get there....72 today (so technically today was 85 degrees, but right now, at 4:31 pm it is an official 72!), 62 next month, and then it will get so cold I will want summer again.  Awww, the joy of the seasons!     

No comments: