Friday, August 15, 2014

Andreasen Family Reunion

The Andreasen Family reunion was the beginning of a 3 week long traveling adventure for our family. After all trips were said and done we had slept in 8 different beds. It was a whirlwind of amazingly fun trips! 

At the end of June we traveled up to Cedar City for an Andreasen family reunion. We stayed one night in St. George and then two or three nights (yeah I can't remember) in a place called Duck Creek, up the canyon in Cedar City. We had family picnics, playtime at the park, and play time at the Cedar City Aquatic Center where Tyler went down a big, dark, twisty water slide for the first time. I was sure he'd be terrified and hate it, but he LOVED it! He wanted to go again and again. I didn't get pictures of most of the activities, but I did manage to grab a few of the horseback riding. The kids were so super excited to ride a horse! The rides were on trails through the forest. And these trails weren't cleared super well or anything. Our horses climbed over rocks and fallen logs and up and down steep hills. I loved it! I kept thinking how long it would take the pioneers to get anywhere and how sore their bums must have been, because mine was sore for days after a 30 minute ride. The kids weren't taken on the same trail as us, but they had fun too.  







Clara wasn't a huge fan of the horses once she got close up. She clung to me like a monkey trying to get away. This horse is getting all ready for a smooch, eyes closed and all.

This horse was especially terrifying as it kept baring it's teeth. Probably didn't help Clara's fear. 

One night grandma and papa watched the kids while Mark and I went to see The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn. It was awesome! 


No comments: