The day after we returned from San Diego, we flew to Oregon for some fun with my family. We spent the first night at my mom's house and then drove the 3 hours to Sunriver for some time with my dad and Sheila and my sibs. Our poor kids had traveled A LOT the past week so we stopped half way to Sunriver and did some exploring. Oh Oregon! You're so beautiful!
I made Clara her first ever daisy chain necklace.
While in Sunriver Tyler learned how to ride a two wheeler! I love his face!
Lots of walks and bike rides on the bike paths
One of the first orders of business was to walk through the lava tube. Mark thought the kids would get tired or scared or cold, since it's long and dark and cold, but they really loved it. I just have to realize our kids are a lot more adventurous than we think they are.
Getting ready to walk into that deep dark cave!
We all decided to take a lot of selfies at the entrance. I only have mine, but there were many many selfies taken.
We played at two different parks that were both equally, awesomely fun!
Like this park that had a slide that went down to the shore of the river.
And this awesome pirate ship that played music if you wound up the crank.
And this park in Sunriver that my siblings and I played at as kids.
And where I got my first ever Madi kiss!!
Tyler too.
I swear I have only ever seen tire swings in Oregon. I have never ever seen any in California. Another point for Oregon.
And what we referred to as the Christmas tree. A big Christmas tree shaped merry go round type of thing.
After our husbands played an exciting, heart pumping game of tether ball, Katelyn and I tried our hand at the game. We weren't nearly as good, but it was fun all the same.
Tyler climbed over the bar arch for the first time...oh that's probably because this is the first time he's ever seen one. California and their weird safe parks.
Two days were spent at the SHARC Aquatic center. They had 2 huge water slides that Tyler couldn't wait to go down, but unfortunately they had a height limit. Ugh. Safety regulations. So instead we helped our kids hop from stump to stump more times than I can count.


Playing with Papa was the best!
Game night with my grandma (great grandma for my kids). She is a pretty intense gamer. Don't mess with grandma!
Story time with grandma and papa
Group shot
Clara dressed herself. I adore the fashionista in her!
Tyler and cousin Wyatt. They had so much fun together!
Our leisurely row down the river. Poor Clara couldn't join us because she decided to start throwing up that day. Sweet Uncle Andrew volunteered to stay with her since he couldn't row after recent shoulder surgery. After setting out in 3 separate rafts we used our life jackets to tie our rafts together and floated down the river like a big island. Good use for life jackets for sure. Don't worry, the kids kept theirs on. The water was SO cold! Mark jumped in and his face was hilarious. We eventually talked Tyler into getting in and you would have thought he jumped into the arctic. After that I decided to just stay in the boat. We only had one scare when one of the little cousins fell in the water and got sucked under the boats. Superman Mark grabbed her just before her head went under and pulled her up. PHEW! Way to go Mark!
It was such a fun, wonderful, amazing trip! I tried harder than ever to talk Mark into moving to Bend. I mean look at it! Unfortunately, other people have the same idea and real estate is freakishly expensive. Looks like we're stuck in California for now.
















1 comment:
Look at all you beautiful people - sounds like a fun trip!
And tire swings? I so totally grew up with tire swings. But Oregon still wins. Just because Oregon is better. Yes, I said that. And I'll say it again.
Post a Comment