In May, our friends, the Blinsmons, were kind enough to take us with them on a hot air balloon ride. We had to leave REALLY early in the morning and drive down to some place that I can't remember. Once we got there we had to sign all those waiver forms - you know, the ones that usually make you more wary of what you are about to do to yourself. Anyway, despite the butterflies in my stomach, I was excited. How many people really get to go on a hot air balloon ride? I mean really? The balloon was way bigger than I thought it would be - but that actually made me feel better. Who wants to go up in the sky with a pea sized balloon. It was also way hotter than I thought it would be. That flame is literally blowing inches away from the top of your head. All in all - it was a fun trip and really exhilarating!
Me with Ceri. In the next few pictures you will see the blowing up stages of the balloon. Here we begin small. The boys were a little unnerved that we had a "rainbow" balloon.
Getting bigger. Mark and I striking a pose.
Time for the flame.
Up, up, and away! Isn't that honkin?
Here we are with the Blinsmons - ready for take off!
I know, aren't I lovely? Mark is pushing me out of the balloon. Ha ha funny.
Our captain told us that most balloons never make it above 2200 ft. We, however, went above 4000 feet. I did wonder if balloons incinerated in the higher atmosphere. Mark thought it was really funny to spit and watch his spit fall.
Back safe and sound on the ground. What a fun trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment