
On April 29, 2006 Mark and I were married in the Portland, OR temple. Although I know its a gamble to get married in Oregon during the spring, we lucked out and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL that day! Do you see that sky? Perfect weather, perfect temperature, perfect husband, it was just the best day ever! We were sealed by my Uncle Craig at 9:00 am surrounded by family and friends. Like all weddings, there were some mishaps - Mark's brother forgot his recommend and our flowers were accidentally left at home, but none of these minor mishaps did anything to darken the day. My mom saved the flower issue by picking flowers around the temple grounds that matched the bridesmaids dresses (ssshhh don't tell!) and called a friend to bring the original bouquets to the temple. She got there about halfway through the pictures - so half the pictures are with temple flowers and half the pictures are with the real bouquets - but you would hardly know the difference. To you who have blamed yourself for forgetting the flowers - just so you know, I never cared and it made no difference to me at all and I don't blame you and I LOVE YOU!! Anyway, as we drove to the luncheon after the pictures were finished the sky clouded up and it poured! Perfect timing. Someone was smiling down on us! Good omens for the rest of our lives together! Here are just a few more of my favorite pictures of our wedding day.




2 comments:
So this picture with the tulips must have been taken before you picked all the tulips off of the temple grounds. shame on you. ;) (haha that is the funniest wedding story I have heard in my life!)
Ok, so I actually just read this for the first time...and thanks for not hating me!!!!!
(about the flower mishap that is)
Post a Comment